About Me

My photo
Happily married new Mom who loves cooking, reading, and writing. Passionate about life! Cruising is currently my fave way to travel, however I'm ready to pack my bags for any type of trip. Feel free to leave comments or ask questions, I would love to hear from you!

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Well I haven't done a very good job of keeping up with my blog this summer, have I? The summer has been a whirlwind, and it is absolutely time for a vacation! Luckily, my husband and I are headed on a cruise in a little while.  We're spending some time in South Beach before sailing the incredible Allure of the Seas. I can't wait!

So, what's happened since my last post? A LOT! Some I won't divulge until my cruise review, but we have done a road trip and found a lovely restaurant that I'm sure we'll frequent....well, perhaps we'll visit once a year!

First, my husband and I took my parents to Virginia Beach for a weekend trip. We had a really nice time. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center. Loved this hotel! It was within walking distance of some good shopping and restaurants, and Virginia Beach Blvd was right around the corner, which is the main drag that takes you straight to Virginia Beach's wonderful oceanfront. Service at the hotel was friendly, and the hotel and rooms were very clean. We had one slight issue when housekeeping was in our room when we arrived back from our trip to the beach (thought they would have been finished earlier than that), but that was the only snafu. The hot breakfast offered at the hotel was great! Made to order omelets, waffles, hot scrambled eggs, grits, corned beef hash, and lots of cold items too. I think we only paid about $11 each for the breakfast buffet. A great value. We would stay here again.


Hotel Lobby

Breakfast

Breakfast Area

Delicious fresh omelet, complete with a flower garnish

Indoor pool at the hotel- a hot tub was behind me

In Virginia, we had to visit our favorite buffet as a family- Captain George's! If you love crab legs, this is a place that you simply have to try. It's crowded and always packed, for good reason. It's worth the wait for piles of freshly steamed crab legs, as well as fish, clams, mussels, prime rib, pasta...just about anything you could want. My parents brought me here every year when I was a little girl, since VA Beach was our vacation spot. Try and see for yourself why we keep coming back!


My husband and I also had a double-date with some of our best friends. We chose the Liberty House Restaurant, in Jersey City. What a find! We had an incredible view from our table of the NYC skyline, just across the Hudson. At night, plenty of candlelight and strings of lights are sprinkled around the property, and they have live music playing on the pavilion outside. Such a romantic atmosphere. And the food was great! Be sure to check this place out. Worth it in my eyes.

That's about it so far! We're unpacking from our move, and packing for our vacation. I can't wait to sit on the beach with my shades and a good book. That's the life to me! 

Happy Travels!
~Chrystal

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrystal! Found your blog through cc. We are planning a trip in December on the Oasis and read your review to get into the cruise spirit. We just came back from VA Beach last weekend and also ate at Captain Georges! Great place, great crab legs! Look forward to future reviews!

    ReplyDelete