About Me

My photo
Happily married new Mom who loves cooking, reading, and writing. Passionate about life! Cruising is currently my fave way to travel, however I'm ready to pack my bags for any type of trip. Feel free to leave comments or ask questions, I would love to hear from you!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sounds like a great idea!

This article from U.S. News got me thinking- it would be so cool to retire and be in a position where I could choose to travel whenever and to wherever I wanted.


Retiring on a cruise ship wouldn't be such a bad idea. Actually, I think it would be cool to move to an area like Ft. Lauderdale or Miami, so we could go on several cruises a year for a very low price. 

I do dream of having the time to take a world cruise someday, like one of these. Can't do that right now with work and other responsibilities, but perhaps someday. Even if we were able to take the three months on one of these cruises to kick off our retirement, I think it would be well worth it.

Even more awesome would be the ability to run our own excursion in the islands somewhere maybe 6-9 months out of the year.

To all those travelers out there- how do you anticipate travel will fit into your retirement plans? Or, do you dream of taking a sabbatical just for the sake of travel?

No comments:

Post a Comment