About Me

My photo
Happily married new Mom who loves cooking, reading, and writing. Passionate about life! Cruising is currently my fave way to travel, however I'm ready to pack my bags for any type of trip. Feel free to leave comments or ask questions, I would love to hear from you!

Friday, March 4, 2011

Even One Night Away Can Work Wonders

Hi Everyone! :) Sorry it's been so long since I've posted, but I've been busy and exhausted.


And when I saw exhausted, I mean going to bed at 7 PM, wishing I could stay in bed until 7 PM the next day, please-don't-call-me-I-don't-have-time-for-small-talk-cause-I-need-a-break exhausted. The stresses of daily life and the several roles I take on each day (ladies I know you can understand me) were just building up. Don't get me wrong, I am incredibly blessed and very happy with the relationships and my position in life, couldn't be happier. But sometimes I forget that I need to take some downtime, and my husband noticed that perhaps it was time for us to get away. And no, staying home doesn't work for me because (again ladies I know you understand), it's hard to sit still at home since there's always something in the home that must be done!

Sometimes we need to take time to detach from all our other roles and responsibilities and REST. Growing up with an extremely hard-working Mom and Dad (who I love and admire very much), I don't recall seeing them just rest and relax, just for the sake of recharging. Even in downtime, there was always something that could be accomplished. There really was no downtime. They taught me a great work ethic that has served me well. I didn't realize how much they influenced me until I married a man who knows how to thoroughly enjoy his times of relaxation. He works hard to provide for his family, but when it's time to relax, he's instantly, fully, unashamedly relaxed! He's taught me a lot.

So we cashed in some of our Hyatt points, dropped off our dog at a family friend's place, and took one night away. We stayed in Morristown, NJ. Went to a nice lunch on the way, got to the hotel, and crashed in the bed right away. I think we checked in around 2:00, and I didn't wake up until about 8 PM. We had planned to go out to dinner, but the thought of dressing up to go back out was just too much for the moment. And we love going out to dinner together, just the two of us, so you know we had to be tired! We ordered some pizza, watched some comedy shows, and fell back asleep. Planned to go to the early service at the local church, ended up grabbing some breakfast and crashing again in bed until about 30 minutes before the SECOND church service. We made it in time to that one, lol. The drive there and back was lovely, lots of beautiful scenery to admire in that area.

The night away doesn't sound like much, but you wouldn't believe how refreshed I felt coming home Sunday night. I was ready and eager to get back to work.

 I'm now learning that there is so much value in stopping, even for a few minutes, and resting. Not so much doing, but just BEING. Besides, God Almighty worked 6 days and rested on the 7th, I think it would be a good idea follow His lead :)

No comments:

Post a Comment