About Me

My photo
Happily married new Mom who loves cooking, reading, and writing. Passionate about life! Cruising is currently my fave way to travel, however I'm ready to pack my bags for any type of trip. Feel free to leave comments or ask questions, I would love to hear from you!

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Losing Weight While on a Cruise? It's Possible!

..who knew?! 

So when I was packing for my cruise, I tried to limit my luggage to one carry on suitcase. With all the things I needed for the vacation, it took me about a week to decide whether I was going to include my workout clothes and sneakers. I go through this pattern whenever I cruise: I pack the workout gear, then use it for maybe one night in the hotel, and then for like 20 minutes in the ship's gym the whole time we're cruising. Why I think that will cancel out my unabashedly gluttonous eating when cruising, I have no idea. 

So why was I kidding myself? I decided to be honest with myself and not pack the gear. I would deal with the results when I got back home. 

Imagine my surprise when, at the end of the cruise, Rae and Crystal looked at me from the side and said, "Girl, you lost some weight!" I was shocked, but I did notice that my jeans were practically falling off on the way back home. I just wasn't expecting there to be a VISIBLE difference. When I got back home, I realized that I DID lose a couple pounds!

How did I do it? Well....if you read my latest review, you'll see that we spent almost every night dancing! We had to have spent at least two hours each night shimmying on the dance floor. In heels!

So if you're like me and don't want to pack a bunch of workout gear that you're not going to use (let's be honest), free yourself and leave it at home! Just be sure to take a couple nights on your trip, grab your honey (or get a circle of your friends), and get your groove on! It can do more for your body than you think :)

Photo credit: http://www.freeismylife.com


Happy sailing,
Chrystal

3 comments:

  1. I definitely believe it :). On my cruises, I've always eaten a ton. Okay, so I didn't have every dessert on the menu, but I never skipped it :). I figure you only live once, so why deny yourself on vacation? I don't really gain weight on them because we walk so much and stay busy all the time- you actually *need* those extra calories, because you're more active than in your daily land life :). Dancing is great exercise anyway, I always work up a sweat!

    Amy Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree Amy! I don't skip dessert either :)

    Because of my time on the Liberty I think I'm going to get into Zumba workouts. I already found a studio. The idea of going back to the gym with the treadmill is so "meh" to me right now, so I think this will keep my interest level high.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree. It happens to me on nearly every vacation. From the additional walking, dancing, running up the stairs and all around. whatever I eat melts off. A great excuse to stay on vacation IMO. LOL

    ReplyDelete