About Me

My photo
Happily married new Mom who loves cooking, reading, and writing. Passionate about life! Cruising is currently my fave way to travel, however I'm ready to pack my bags for any type of trip. Feel free to leave comments or ask questions, I would love to hear from you!

Friday, March 23, 2012

Allure Advice

Good Morning All! I'm planning a cruise on Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas this year with my husband and another couple. We're doing the Western route, which goes to Labadee, Cozumel (spending the day with our driver Alberto, then at Mr. Sancho's), and Falmouth Jamaica.

For those of you who have sailed the Allure, what is your one best piece of advice, or best insider tip?

If you have any tips on Labadee, Royal's private island, that would be awesome too. Thanks everyone!

Happy Cruising,
Chrystal

2 comments:

  1. I recently cruised on the Allure (3/11/12) and had a fantastic time. When you board the ship you enter on the Promenade right by Sorrento's Pizza. Since it was early most rooms were not ready yet, so many people stopped there to eat a little pizza and wait. If I had thought about it I would have gone to Central Park Cafe and had a salad and/or roast beef sandwich. It's a much more relaxing area while waiting. Some people say that they wear their bathing suits under their clothes and head to the pool while waiting for the rooms to be ready. BTW, we didn't have to wait long, about 20-30 min.

    We booked on ship for the Allure in 6/2013. This time my son and daughter and their families and my sisters-in-law and their husbands. It's going to be a great family trip. My husband is from Jamaica, but not near Falmouth, so we had a great time exploring a part of Jamaica we weren't familiar with.

    Enjoy, Enjoy!!!
    BTW you and your girlfriends look like a real classy, sophisticated act!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nettie! Thank you so much for posting the advice. I was absolutely thinking of making a beeline for the Park Cafe for one of those roast beef sandwiches. I think everyone on Cruise Critic takes a pic of it, and I can't wait to give it a try :-D

    Sounds like you're going to have such a nice vacation next year! Thank you for the compliment, I'll let the girls know what you wrote. Happy sailing!

    ReplyDelete