About Me

My photo
Happily married new Mom who loves cooking, reading, and writing. Passionate about life! Cruising is currently my fave way to travel, however I'm ready to pack my bags for any type of trip. Feel free to leave comments or ask questions, I would love to hear from you!

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Our Incredible Allure of the Seas Cruise Part 6- At Sea














Ok, so this day at sea was an extremely lazy day- and we loved it! Woke up really late, had our room service breakfast in bed. And then we went back to sleep, lol.

Once we got up for real, we decided to head up to the Windjammer for lunch. This was the first time on the cruise we even stopped there, which I thought was pretty amazing.

And I have to say, it's a beautiful buffet...but it is pretty small. Then again, we didn't have a problem finding a table. Honestly, there are so many other complimentary places to eat, you don't really need to go there, maybe once or twice on a whim.







 Our table was in the back of the Windjammer, overlooking the Sports Zone. After a while, there were quite a few adults and kids alike playing half-court basketball. They were having a lot of fun. How they could stand to run around like that in that heat, I'll never know.














Totally forgot to take a picture of my food, but I do remember having some brisket and a salad. The servers were great, whisking away our plates as soon as we were finished. I was pleased with our experience in the Windjammer.
 None of the desserts in the Windjammer were that tempting to me, so I decided to head to the Cupcake Cupboard. Some CC'ers mentioned a cupcake I wanted to try- the Manly Breakfast.














It tasted a little different than I expected. It was more of a carrot-cake type cake with a cream cheese icing and bacon on top. I loved the icing with the bacon, but I'm not a huge fan of carrot cake. If that's your thing- go for it!




 The rest of the day was very relaxed. Wes took a nap, and I went to the Beach Pool around 3 or so. I swam for a while, and I think I returned to my chair around 4. By that time, I guess the early diners wanted to get ready for formal night, so there were plenty of chairs available. I relaxed with my Kindle for a bit.






 Wes came by, and we went to Sorrento's for a slice or two of pizza. After that, we went back to the room to enjoy our fabulous view. What I love about having a balcony is even though you're looking at the ocean, your view changes throughout the day depending on the sun's location. Even on a cloudy day, the ocean is a beautiful sight.








 Tonight was Formal Night, and lobster was served (yay!). If you're looking for it on the menu, it's called the Fisherman's Plate. I had my go-to appetizer, the mushrooms in puff pastry. I think the lobster tails were larger than I recalled from previous cruises. And of course, the waiters come and take the meat out of the shells for you, and drizzle melted butter over the lobster if you want it. I had two

















And now, for a very girly moment....I LOVED my formal night dress. LOVED it. I didn't think I would be able to find something that didn't look like a potato sack, lol. Most formal maternity dresses I saw looked like they wanted you to hide the fact that you're pregnant. I like form-fitting cocktail dresses, and wanted to celebrate being a mommy-to-be. And I found the perfect dress. It was emerald-green with a large brooch on the side. And I wore some (albeit comfortable) sparkly silver heels.



Loved it so much that we actually went around to a couple of the photo backdrops to take formal night pictures. We didn't really have to wait in line since we went after dinner. Each of the photographers was excited to help me figure out some poses to show off my tummy, and they asked me how I was feeling and how far along I was. I was so happy with how the photos turned out:





This one is my absolute favorite:


 After dinner and the photos, we went up to the pool deck to walk around. There were a couple people in the hot tubs. It was so windy, we were able to hang out up there for a couple minutes but had to go back inside pretty fast.













No comments:

Post a Comment