About Me

My photo
Happily married new Mom who loves cooking, reading, and writing. Passionate about life! Cruising is currently my fave way to travel, however I'm ready to pack my bags for any type of trip. Feel free to leave comments or ask questions, I would love to hear from you!

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Our Incredible Allure of the Seas Cruise Part 7- Cozumel, Mexico

















 Our day in Cozumel was very laid-back. Originally, we planned to hire a driver for a few hours through Tours Plaza, finishing our day at a beach. My best friends and I toured with Alberto, one of their drivers, when we sailed the Liberty in March. Check out my review (link in my signature) if you want to take a look at what we did that day. I can't say enough great things about this company. We had a fabulous time with them, and the booking process was so easy.

I say all that to say that once I realized I couldn't tolerate the Caribbean sun for too long without being able to reach a pool or the ocean quickly, we emailed Tours Plaza (I think on Monday) to cancel our day with them. I really wanted to go but the health of the baby was far more important. They were gracious and noted that they had people on a wait list for a tour with them that day, so no worries. I was relieved since I don't like cancelling private tours. I was glad someone could go in our place.

Anyway, we decided to spend the day at Mr. Sancho's All-Inclusive beach resort. They are bookable through cozumelwatersports dot com.

We had our room service breakfast with this beautiful sunrise in front of us:













We decided to get off the ship around 10 AM. Walking off was easy, there weren't really any crowds. Boy, was it HOT!




The Carnival Magic pulled in close by. She was so cute next to the Allure!





 We walked through the pier and shopping area to get to the taxi stand. Don't follow the taxi signs....at a certain point they'll steer you to the right when you should go left. If you follow the signs, you'll end up in the car rental area...and it's a dead end...no worries, you'll find your way out eventually!









 We stood in line for a taxi, I think the wait was about 5 minutes or so. The line moved pretty quickly.









 After a quick, 15-minute ride, we reached Mr. Sancho's. I showed them our tickets, and we received wristbands that let the staff know we had access to the All-Inclusive Side. Wes loved the property right away.





 Because we were pretty early, we were able to snag a cabana. You can either purchase the Romance Package which includes a cabana, or you can get there early since they're first come, first serve. The cushion is not fabric, so you'll want to bring some towels to spread over the surface. It was really comfortable, especially since the mattress actually swings back and forth if you want it to. Wes napped quite a bit there

Someone's very happy....





 We had an attendant, I think his name was Eduardo. He was fantastic. As soon as we settled into the cabana, he asked if we wanted anything to drink. Wes asked for a Coke, and he asked, "With rum, buddy?" Yeah, they get you started with the drinks right away, lol. He ordered a rum and Coke. Thinking about the last time he had one at the Hyatt, he asked for more Coke than rum. I pointed to my tummy and said, how about a Miami Vice without the alcohol? And off he went to fill our orders.

Here's the menu. Everything is included if you pay the AI fee (unless it's marked otherwise).







 Mr. Sancho's is a really nice place. There are tables with chairs and umbrellas where you can have lunch, as well as lounge chairs close to the water line. There's also a swim-up bar in the pool, and a jacuzzi. We pretty much swam, ate, slept, and repeated. A great day!
















 











 I have my own brand of water, lol.






Lunch was great. Two things I think are the most popular (and best) on the menu are the coconut shrimp and the Caribbean fries. Everyone was ordering these two items. Delicious.














 




You can get kayaks (included) and snorkel gear from this hut on the beach. Rae and I used a kayak when we sailed the Liberty in March. Couldn't this time, but if you have a few minutes (and why wouldn't you- you're on vacation!), give it a try. It's a lot of fun.




 We tipped Eduardo and left Mr. Sancho's around 3 PM. There were taxi drivers waiting for us as we reached the entrance to the property. Our driver was kind, he took the scenic route so I could take pictures along the way back. He even stopped once (his suggestion) so we could take a photo with the Allure in the distance.










 When we got back to the pier area, we went to Los Cinco Soles to find some pure vanilla. It's right behind Senor Frog's. If you love to cook or bake, this vanilla is a must-have. Cozumel is famous for its pure vanilla. I like the Los Cinco Soles brand because it's also organic. The 125 ml size cost $4.













 When we got back to the ship, we just relaxed in the room for a while and enjoyed our view. I just love the shade of blue of the water in Cozumel. It's gorgeous, and I could stare at it for hours.












 So tonight, we decided to go to the early seating of the comedy show. I think we just walked into that one since it appeared to be booked solid that night. We went a few minutes before showtime and were able to walk right in. I think most people were going to the late night shows, even though they were the same. Combine that with the fact that sailaway was close to the show time, and I could see why it was so easy to get in that night.

I wore a long black dress. Very comfortable. Don't mind the building behind me- looks like I'm wearing a hat! Didn't really notice until we got home!





The comedy show was hilarious! The material is definitely NOT for kids. You must go see it.




















 Dinner on this night was just "okay." If you want to visit a specialty restaurant one night, the night in Cozumel would be a good choice.

I had the Caesar salad and the Chicken Cordon Bleu. The salad was fine, but the chicken was pretty bland. I was expecting nice salty ham and melted cheese to ooze out of the chicken once I cut it, but it was solid and tasteless. So disappointing. None of the desserts looked appetizing to me, so we both got a scoop of Wes' vanilla ice cream .
































No comments:

Post a Comment