About Me

My photo
Happily married new Mom who loves cooking, reading, and writing. Passionate about life! Cruising is currently my fave way to travel, however I'm ready to pack my bags for any type of trip. Feel free to leave comments or ask questions, I would love to hear from you!

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Our Incredible Allure of the Seas Cruise Part 8- Last Sea Day!













 Sigh.....there's something so sad (but still happy) about the last morning on a cruise ship.

I woke up early, around 6:30 or so, to use the internet and to go to Guest Relations (at the far end of the Royal Promenade) at 7 AM. I took advantage of the quiet and took some more photos of the Promenade.













Until this point, we had a cash account. I put some more cash down, and also gave my check card to be used toward anything over the cash amount we had in our balance. I didn't want to have to settle the cash account later that day, waiting in a long line. My strategy worked since there was only one other person at Guest Relations that early in the morning. In 30 seconds I was on my way.




Princess Fiona is the Allure's godmother.


















 I went up to the pool deck to take some early morning photos.












 Near the Windjammer (or one deck down, I can't remember), there's a model of the Allure of the Seas, and around it the history of the innovations in Royal's ship designs. There are some photos of the Song of Norway as well. Worth a few minutes of your time to take a look.














 














 I decided to go back down to the Promenade before heading to the room. Grabbed myself a cup of hot chocolate and some madelines. I added some of the vanilla powder they had available and it made the hot chocolate even better.




Back in the room, Wes was still asleep, so I played some music with my headphones on the balcony, read on my Kindle, and enjoyed the spectacular sunrise.















 





 We enjoyed our breakfast tradition one last time .



 I found a bunch of nifty information cards in the kiosk in front of Guest Relations. They talked about the smoking policy on the Allure, as well as Teen Activities broken down by age. Just FYI:













 After another nap (LOL), we went to lunch at Giovanni's Table. What a wonderful restaurant! Our server, Cristal, was incredible. She was the best server we've ever had on a Royal Caribbean ship.











 First, we were given warm bread to dip into Extra Virgin Olive Oil with fresh parmesan cheese and balsamic vinegar.

I ordered the Caprese Salad, Risotto, and the Stuffed Chicken Breast. Wes ordered the Frittura Mista, Lentil Soup, and the Steak. We loved everything, and the seafood was a stand-out item. I strongly suggest going to Giovanni's for lunch and getting the Frittura Mista. It's not available at dinner.










 For dessert, I had the tiramisu. It was really good- huge though!
Wes had vanilla ice cream.







 After lunch, we wandered Central Park a bit.












 I was determined to get some cotton candy from the Boardwalk (I saw it on the first sea day), so we headed over there. They were selling popcorn and cotton candy- yum! With those smells in the air and the hot dogs cooking across the way, it really did smell like an actual boardwalk/carnival!


















 I spent some time at the Beach Pool and relaxed a bit. I love how colorful that area is. My favorite pool. There weren't many people out there, I guess they were packing. Perfect for me!










 We went back to the room and hung out on the balcony for a while. We saw another ship on the horizon. About an hour later, it caught up with us. Funny, we could see the camera lights flashing all over the ship as people took photos of the Allure. She must be an incredible sight at sea!









 After hanging out on the balcony for a while, we went to see the Dreamworks Parade again. We got to the Royal Promenade about 20 minutes early, and grabbed a spot on the deck above, in the photo kiosk area. We were right across from the Schooner Bar. We had a nice view of everything going on.



























The Captain came through on his motorcycle and gave a speech from the Rising Tide Bar:














 After the parade, we visited the Boardwalk one last time. They had a quick fountain show in the Aquatheatre (think the Bellagio Fountains in Vegas- on a much smaller scale), and we had dinner at Johnny Rockets.
















We sat outside on the Boardwalk for dinner. For those of you who are wondering- we prepaid all of our gratuities at Guest Services the day before. The menu for the last night in the MDR wasn't that appealing to us at the time, so we decided to enjoy JR's one last time :
























No comments:

Post a Comment