About Me

My photo
Happily married new Mom who loves cooking, reading, and writing. Passionate about life! Cruising is currently my fave way to travel, however I'm ready to pack my bags for any type of trip. Feel free to leave comments or ask questions, I would love to hear from you!

Friday, December 31, 2010

My Travel Bucket List

Ok, so I gave a suggestion to a friend last week, and this got me really thinking...



A friend of mine on Facebook asked everyone for a suggestion for her 25th birthday. She wanted to do something unique, not the usual parties, etc. I told her to create a bucket list, and be sure to cross one item off her list on her birthday. At first I thought she would think it was kind of corny, but she actually got excited and started working on her list!

So now that we are at the close of 2010, I realized that I needed to write my own bucket list- my list of things I want to do (in terms of travel) before I leave this Earth. So here's my list. I'm going to cross out the things I've already done as I go. I thank God for the experiences He has given me so far and pray I can complete most of these in my lifetime. I hope you'll take the time to create your own, and share with me some of the things you want to do. They might make my list too!

1. Take a cruise around the world- at least 30 days long.
2. Spend a week in Rome, Italy. 
3. Visit Spain. 
4. Go to Disney World. 
5. Take a Caribbean Cruise
6. Take a vacation to Tahiti, and have a room in one of those overwater cabanas. 
7. See the Great Barrier Reef
8. Visit Tokyo
9. See the Grand Canyon
10. Go to Las Vegas
11. Visit the Napa Valley and spend the day at a vineyard. 
12. Spend a night or two in the Tuscany region of Italy and have a cooking lesson there.
13. See Venice. 
14. See the Island of Capri. 
15. Spend a few days on Santorini, Greece. 
16. Visit Athens, Greece.
17. Visit Africa. 
18. Spend time in India. 
19. Visit Israel. 
20. See Rio De Janiero, Brazil. 
21. Dance Salsa in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Can you imagine I've been there 3 times and haven't done that yet?!
22. See Curacao
23. Visit New Zealand
24. See the Haggia Sophia in Istanbul, Turkey. 
25. See Paris and Monaco. 
26. Spend a vacation at a resort or mansion in Scottsdale, Arizona.
27. Spend the week in a mansion in Vale or Aspen, Colorado. 
28. Learn how to ski. 
29. Visit New Orleans. 
30. See St. Lucia. 
31. Spend time in Hawaii. 
32. See the Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, DC.
33. Rent a home in the Hamptons. 
34. Visit Chicago. 
35. See Niagara Falls. 
36. Go to Canada. 
37. Spend a week at the Hidden Pond, Maine. http://www.hiddenpondmaine.com/#index.htm
38. See Cabo San Lucas. 
39. See the Great Pyramids in Egypt.
40. Visit Amsterdam. 
41. Rent a mansion in the Caribbean for a week and take our closest friends and family there. 
42. Own my own sailboat or yacht and sail it myself.
43. Sail on the Bauteaux New York http://www.bateauxnewyork.com/
44. Return to Bermuda. 
45. See Key West, Florida. 
46. Stay at an all-inclusive hotel in the Caribbean. 
47. See the rainforest. 
48. Visit Grenada. 
49. Take sailing lessons. 
50. Go to Virginia Beach, VA, with my husband.

As you see, we have a lot to do!I think I'll make it a goal to cross off two things each year, and add 3 things each year. That way there will always be something to look forward to!

1 comment: