About Me

My photo
Happily married new Mom who loves cooking, reading, and writing. Passionate about life! Cruising is currently my fave way to travel, however I'm ready to pack my bags for any type of trip. Feel free to leave comments or ask questions, I would love to hear from you!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Live from the Carnival Glory- Day 0

Hi All! I'll be sailing the Carnival Glory this week with my Mom and one of my best friends. Each day, I'll try to post some of my thoughts about the cruise. We are sailing the Glory for a 5-night cruise, from Norfolk, VA, to Nassau and Freeport in the Bahamas.

Once I return, I will post a long, formal review (really a photo journal). These help me re-live my vacation for years to come. This is our first Carnival cruise. I've sailed NCL and RCCL. My fave ship so far is the RCCL Serenade of the Seas. She's just an elegant ship, with lots of glass for fantastic sea views. I have a review of the Serenade with photos here on my blog site as well. I looked back at photos from my trips over the past few years and noticed how much I travel with my Mom. So fortunate to be able to make so many awesome memories with her. Here's to another adventure, Mom! :)

About a month ago, we started talking about the need to get some white sand under our toes and to swim in crystal-clear water. I wanted to lay in the sun with a good book, hearing the sounds of the ocean. Being in the Northeast...that's not gonna happen anytime soon! So we booked this cruise and have been anticipating it ever since. 

I'm all packed and ready to go. The three of us are leaving NJ around 4 AM, hopefully we should be at the cruise pier by about 11 AM. Sailaway is at 5 PM. Our plan is to get on the ship early, enjoy the pool area and take great photos before everyone else arrives on the ship. Looks like it will be about 90 degrees in Norfolk. 

I'll report back once we've settled on the ship tomorrow afternoon. I'll talk to yall soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment