About Me

My photo
Happily married new Mom who loves cooking, reading, and writing. Passionate about life! Cruising is currently my fave way to travel, however I'm ready to pack my bags for any type of trip. Feel free to leave comments or ask questions, I would love to hear from you!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Live From the Carnival Glory, Day 1 1/2

Hi All! Sorry I didn't post yesterday, by the time we got settled on the ship and had dinner, we were knocked OUT! The rocking of the ship was just so soothing. But I digress...


We left NJ yesterday morning at about 5 AM. Had a pretty uneventful drive to VA. We stopped on the Chesapeake Bay bridge and took some nice photos on the pier.

The boarding process at Norfolk was surprisingly smooth. We arrived at the parking lot and paid for our parking ($15 per day,cash only). Porters were there to take our luggage. We thought the shuttle to the pier would be a van, or hotel shuttle-type vehicle, but we were pleased to find that they actually had pretty luxurious coach busses with leather seats, cupholders, curtains, etc. All for a 10 minute ride to the pier! Not bad at all.

Boarding was a painless process. We got on the ship and headed for lunch. The food at the buffet was impressive. They have this Fish and Chips area on the ship and we tried the fish fritters (really good) and the boulliabaise, which was mussles, fish, and scallops in a wonderfully rich tomato broth. Delicious!

We sunned on the pool deck for a while, and napped in our rooms. Had the late dinner, which was really good too. I'll post more details in my formal review.

We slept late this morning and had breakfast in the buffet. We're having a great time. We're at sea all day today, and formal night is this evening. It's so nice to dress up, I can't wait.

I'll keep you posted! Come back for more from me tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment